User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Where's Whaaaat! # 5

Things that make you go hmmm.

Friday, June 10, 2005

Where's Whaaaat! # 5

OK, for my wife's sake this will be my last post in this series of Where's Whaaaat! She was just being nice in her comment on # 3 on Wednesday. I know because when I asked her what she thought of my post yesterday, she said that she saw it was more geography stuff and didn't read it all the way through. Whaaaat! I said you missed a nice surprise at the end. She went back and skipped the "boring" stuff and read it. ; ) For those of you still with me, it's time for me to head towards home. This one is a little harder, if you aren't familiar with this place you may have to do a little Google research.

I am at a place that is in the state that I call home.
I am actually suspended above water.
The place I am is a second version. The first version was destroyed in dramatic fashion in 1940 and this was captured on film and has been replayed now 65 years later. They are actually building a third version right now since this version is so busy.
Part of the name of my location is a word that I thought was just an adjective that means slender, but when I looked it up in the dictionary it is actually a noun that describes the body of water above which I am suspended.
Another part of the name of my location is a city that was named after Mount Rainier’s original name.
It will take you until zoom level 12 on Google Maps before you see the name of the location where I am.
Do you know where Whaaaat! is today?
Note: You may be still wondering where’s Whaaaat! next week because I won’t be posting for a few days. I am taking a little R&R and will try to post again on Friday the 17th.

4 Comments:

  • I am on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge that carries state highway 16 across the Tacoma Narrows of Puget Sound in Washington state. The first version of this suspension bridge was filmed swaying and buckling in the wind and then collapsing. Several cars fell when it collapsed, but no human life was lost. This collapse has been shown on TV often, I just saw it in a commercial just the other day. They are currently building a new suspension bridge parallel and south of the existing bridge. If you typed in a Google search for suspension bridges Washington state, the WSDOT story about this construction would be your first website referenced. It says the new bridge is needed due to the congestion esp. during rush hour and that near 90,000 vehicles cross daily expected to rise to 120,000. Tacoma was named after Mount Rainier’s original name which was Mount Tahoma.

    By Blogger whaaaat!, at 8:12 AM  

  • I had no clue. Nice info and good week's worth of posts. I was going to ask you to guest blog with me this next week..,. Maybe another time?

    By Blogger Danny Sims, at 9:34 AM  

  • Hey, can you stop by my blog one of these days and put your flag in your location...since your done with your "travels". I like your wife...she seems like a really wonderful human bean :)

    By Blogger Bar L., at 7:12 PM  

  • Enjoy your time off. And, for goodness sake, stop making us think so much!

    By Blogger Fred, at 4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home