User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Star Wars Everywhere

Things that make you go hmmm.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Star Wars Everywhere

Star Wars, Star Wars, Star Wars. Have you ever seen a movie with this much hype and promotion? I actually thought it must have already been released weeks before it was because of all the hype. I enjoy the movies and probably would like to see this latest one but will likely wait until it goes to DVD. What makes this series of movies so special that it has such a huge following? On Sunday after church we went to Burger King and were actually about to leave to drive across town to the other one because they had run out of the Star Wars kids meal prizes.
My son loves Star Wars, especially Star Wars Legos. He is too young to see the latest movie "Episode III", but he is totally into all the promotion. We borrowed the videos of the trilogy "Episode IV - Star Wars, Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back, and Episode VI - Return of the Jedi" and he loves to sit and watch esp. certain scenes like the snow fighting with the AT/ATs. His little sister sits and watches with him some to, mostly just because big brother is doing it. She is so cute with things she has picked up like when her mom said "you're a little angel" she replied "I not angel, I'm Princess Laaaya". Or when she puts her hand up over her face and makes the breathing noises like "Dah Vader".
I saw this cartoon on this blog that I thought was hilarious about the reasons Anakin turned to the dark side.

2 Comments:

  • Great carrtoon! Yeah - we sure are in a Star Wars world right now. My son is completely into it, so when I geek out about Star Wars, I can always say it's his fault. Nah, who am I kdding! I'm a geek, and my son has joined me on the Geekside of the force...

    By Blogger Jerry Novick, at 3:53 PM  

  • I have tried to explain to my wife, she is Star Wars inept, that if you really want to enjoy the Movie from a Christain Standpoint, see that the good vs. evil is being shown.

    Evil may still exist through Vader, but eventually he looses, and repents, and is no longer part of the Dark Side.

    Thank you for posting on my site. I appreciate the Christain views.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home