User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Clean underwear

Things that make you go hmmm.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Clean underwear

Did your mother ever say “make sure you have on clean underwear just in case you are in an accident”? Or maybe you have said or thought this yourself. We actually heard this phrase the other day on a TV commercial, so this saying continues to be repeated. Clean underwear?? Who puts on dirty underwear? Maybe the saying should be nice underwear; you know ones that don’t have holes in them (I might be in trouble if that is the case). Really, if you are in an accident bad enough where people might see your underwear would you really be concerned about your underwear? I don’t think so. If it is a matter of the cleanliness, maybe your mother should say “a shower a day keeps the stinks away” or something because if you take a shower surely you don’t reach into the dirty clothes pile to fish out some dirty underwear to put on. Or do you?

3 Comments:

  • It's about time you posted again, I needed a diversion from my day and this is a serious topic of grave importance. I agree that whatmothers really mean by "clean" or "nice" is underwear without holes. In my case that is a problem because I left a pile of clean underwear on the bed recently and my pet rats chewed little holes in them. Need to buy new ones. Anyhow...

    The main point is: if you are in an accident they just rip those boxers/briefs/panties/thongs (whatever) right off of you anyhow. I see it on "Trauma Life in the ER" all the time.

    So I guess what we really need to do is to STAY CLEAN AT ALL TIMES. SHOWER EVERY TIME YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE JUST IN CASE! But above all else:
    Wear your seatbelt!!!

    By Blogger Bar L., at 10:50 AM  

  • My problem isn't that my underwear are clean, my problem is the elastic keeps wearing out. I guess I need to quit kidding myself and start buying bigger underwear. But I keep telling myself I have always worn a size 32 but lately a 38 feels better. lol
    Joe

    By Blogger JOE B, at 12:01 PM  

  • My friend WAS in an accident that required emergancy surgury. He was very alert as they were getting preped, and when the nurse grabbed the big scissors and removed his briefs, he pled, "Please don't thro those away. My wife is a good seamstress and can sew them back together. We are very poor in MN and undies are hard to come by." Needless to say the staff was rolling on the floor since he had been taken out of his $150k Kenworth Truck!!

    By Blogger Japheth, at 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home