User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Would you give a finger tip?

Things that make you go hmmm.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Would you give a finger tip?

What would be so worthwhile that you would be willing to cut off part of your body for it? How about just the tip of your finger? I just read part of an article in the June issue of Golf Digest about Evel Knievel cutting off the tip of a finger to pay off a bet from a golf game. I couldn't believe he actually did it. This was back in '75 and he was a pretty good golfer and was playing with a jerk who kept cheating him on bets. I guess they played for big bucks as he bet him $7,000 on the final hole and to insure the guy paid up they agreed to cut off part of a finger if they didn't pay up. Evel hit a bad shot and lost the hole and instead of giving this jerk the satisfaction, he decided he would cut off the tip of his finger and got a hatchet from where they keep the carts and chop. The guy couldn't believe it either and went away, so Evel rushed to the emergency room and had the tip put back on.
What about the guy, Aron Ralston that cut off his arm stuck under a rock? His story was amazing. I don't think I could ever do that, have the courage or the know-how to do that. He felt it was worthwhile to cut off his arm in order to save his own life. Would you be willing to give up a part of your body to save your life? How about to save the life of someone else? Would you be willing to give your own life for someone else? In John 15:3, Jesus says "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends". Praise be to Jesus Christ, God’s own son, who gave His own life for us as the ultimate sacrifice.

3 Comments:

  • Definately makes me go hmmmm... I would not give up a finger, except to save my wife or child. I'm with you: Thany You Jesus!

    By Blogger Danny Sims, at 2:09 PM  

  • I lost the end of my ring finger in an accident at work. I would never want to do that again, on purpose.
    Thank God, Jesus is not as much as a baby as I am. He was stong, brave and my King.
    God bless, Joe

    By Blogger JOE B, at 3:07 PM  

  • I agree with sweetheart - I'd give up my life for my son in a second, but willingly cut off a finger tip or anything else...no way.

    As Joe said, THANK GOD Jesus was willing to give it ALL and suffer greatly in the process

    By Blogger Bar L., at 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home