User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Potty Talk # 3

Things that make you go hmmm.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Potty Talk # 3

I have a great office in a small building with 5 offices, conference room, copier room, etc. all with a lot of space. I have my own door to my office although I seldom shut it, my own little window, and all the conveniences of home like a sink, refrigerator, and a microwave are just around the corner in an area we share with another company that has offices behind us. Yes, I love my office except for one thing. This kitchen area is located in the same area as the restrooms. When I first saw this, I said “whaaaat?!!” I am pretty used to it now, but you can’t get past feeling funny using the restroom when someone is right outside the door pouring their coffee. And the aromas from heating up left-overs for lunch can suddenly make you lose your appetite when they are mixed with other aromas from your co-worker’s time talkin’ to John. And it can be hard to act normal with your fellow laborers when you have just overheard their noises coming from the bathroom. I guess it is better than having to use a public restroom at work or a port-a-potty.

5 Comments:

  • When I was in the corporate world, the kitchen was located next to the CEO's office. I decided to zap some popcorn in the microwave oven, and hit 5 minutes, instead of the "popcorn" button. Well, his nice suit looked pretty bad when the sprinkler system went off.

    How's that for location?

    By Blogger Fred, at 2:23 PM  

  • That is pretty bad Fred, is that why you are no longer in the corporate world? : ) At least you have an interesting story to tell.

    By Blogger whaaaat!, at 3:55 PM  

  • We just got settled into our location (after moving home from Europe) when, one year later, I was told I had to move 2,5000 miles. Again. I took the gifts and prizes and left the corporate world behind. (I linked to you, so my 3 readers per day can have a peek at your musings.)

    By Blogger Fred, at 4:19 PM  

  • I am blessed with my own "little closet" as I call it. It is quite nice to do the private things in private. I wonder, given the proximics of your office, if asking for a door with more density might be a good thing...

    By Blogger Danny Sims, at 6:34 AM  

  • Well, I'd say something certainly needs to be changed there. Surely something could be done.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home