User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Potty Talk

Things that make you go hmmm.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Potty Talk

No, this post isn’t going to be full of dirty words, but just to warn you it may be offensive. I thought I would do a series of posts related to going potty. For those of you who have toddlers or remember those days or have been around young kids, what word do you use for going to the restroom? First you have all the "p" words. Do you go potty, pee-pee, poo-poo, or just pee and poo or poop? Or maybe it is number one and number two? How about tinkle and doo-doo? For older kids (which includes some of us adults), how about some of the phrases used like “go make water” (OK, I think this was from the movie Driving Miss Daisy), “pinch a loaf”, and my favorite “droppin’ the kids off at the pool”. There are other words and phrases, but like I said I won’t use the dirty words and I’m sure this has been offensive enough. But maybe it gave you a chuckle and will make you go hmmm the next time you have to go.

3 Comments:

  • Great blog. Reminds me of Andy Rooney or Seinfeld humor.

    By Blogger Fred, at 1:38 PM  

  • I made up a song that we sang with great gusto when the kids were being potrty trained. I thought about shairng the lyrics but, even givne the topic of your post, they just seemed terribly odd out of context...

    By Blogger Danny Sims, at 5:04 PM  

  • I have to admit, I didn't expect a post about #2, but I'll put in my two cents. After spending a lot of time with high school students over the past few years, I have a ton of sayings for you. I will include only one, which I actually enjoy: dropping a deuce. The pool one is funny, but this is catchy, though it doesn't have the fun picture associated with the pool version. Anyway...thanks for giving me a crappy start to my day. LOL

    By Blogger BJ, at 5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home