User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Things we take for granted

Things that make you go hmmm.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Things we take for granted

Sitting at my desk early this morning, I was typing away on an email response to our corporate office when all of a sudden the power went out. Not sure why, but it affected my building and others around us and it even knocked out a traffic light at a major intersection nearby. The light was not even blinking, it was just out. Could have been pretty dangerous, but no wrecks that I know of. The electricity was out for just over an hour and during that time I was reminded how much we depend on it. No problem with being able to see because the sun was shining brightly through our windows, but I couldn't do anything on the computer or my ten-key calculator and our phones were out too. All things vital to my job. I got to thinking about other things that God has provided that we take for granted on a daily basis. What if we didn't have clean water to drink and clean with, or food to eat, or jobs available to provide for our family? Hmmm. It made me thank God for these basic necessities. Also to thank God for this country I live in where we have so many freedoms, most importantly to be able to freely worship the one true God. Maybe this has helped you think of things that you take for granted. Feel free to comment on these, better yet, feel free to thank God for these.

1 Comments:

  • Yes you are definitely, oh so right. We do take so many, many things for granted. I read in our A. morning paper, that the power went out while people were voting. However there was enough light from windows for everyone to continue. It was later found that a squirel caused the outage problem.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home