User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: The things we eat

Things that make you go hmmm.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

The things we eat

Have you ever wondered how we came up with some of the things we eat? And I'm not even talking about the strange delicacies that you will see people eat especially in other countries like on Survivor or the Amazing Race (see http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor10/ and http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/ ). Really most things make perfect sense, but what about things like cheese? Who was it that said no don't throw out the curdled milk, let's let it sit out some more and wait until it gets fermented and hard and then eat it. Speaking of milk, who was the first person to look at a cow and say I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink whatever comes out? It must have been the same person that also said "See that chicken over there? I think I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes out of it." How about the potato (or is it potatoe? :) Who was the first person to be digging in the ground when they came across a lump covered in dirt and thought I think I'll eat this.
All this talk is making me hungry so I think I'll make myself some breakfast, how about some eggs with melted cheese, and hashbrowns, and I think I'll wash it all down with some milk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home