User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Tax day

Things that make you go hmmm.

Friday, April 15, 2005

Tax day

It's April 15th, have you filed your tax return or extension with the IRS? Being that I used to prepare tax returns for a living, this was always a joyous day. That's right, I do consider myself an accountant even though I no longer work directly in this field, although the nerd part as I was referred to in a comment on a previous post (see Tax time below) is subject to your individual opinion. I don't think I am, especially compared to some of the geeky computer guys or engineers we know. : ) Anyway, for 7 tax seasons I put in a ton of overtime as a salaried employee (not getting paid extra for it) during the months leading up to this day. So glad I don't have to do that anymore esp. with a family. Most people might think this would be the busiest day of the year for tax accountants, but with the firms I worked for it was probably one of the most relaxed days because if you didn't have your stuff in to us early enough to get your return done on time we would have to get an extension for you. The weekend before the 15th were always the longest days for me. We would usually have some kind of office celebration on the 15th, pretty boring partying with a bunch of nerd accountants. : )
So, "how much are you going to get back this year?" "What are you going to use your refund for?" We got our big refund back in February.

2 Comments:

  • That is probably going to be your comment. "Whaaaat?!! I thought from your previous post that you wouldn't be getting a big refund." I was trying to see if you are actually reading my posts and comments. We did get a pretty good refund this year and last year thanks to Bush's tax cuts and the child tax credit, not to mention that we don't make much income and our itemized deductions are quite large. We actually would have come out pretty even with Married and 9 withholding allowances, but we actually got more back than we put in due to the awesome child tax credit.

    By Blogger whaaaat!, at 8:47 AM  

  • I just read your blog for the first time... I like it.

    By Blogger Danny Sims, at 3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home