User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: What kind of pot are we talkin' about?

Things that make you go hmmm.

Monday, April 25, 2005

What kind of pot are we talkin' about?

What’s the old saying? “A watched pot never boils.” Why is it that it seems like every time when you are waiting for an important phone call, you sit around doing nothing and the phone never rings, but as soon as you leave to do something, you miss the call? My experience at work recently has been like this, but with a little different twist on it. I don’t get that many phone calls at work, maybe 2-3 on average a day. Recently, it seems like the only times I get phone calls, I am “away from my desk” if you know what I mean. Those times that I am waiting for someone to call me back, I think to myself that I shouldn’t go to the restroom until I get the call, but they never call until I can’t hold it any longer and sure enough I get back to my desk and there is voicemail on my phone. Do you have any examples of waiting for something to happen and it never does until you go on with your day and you miss it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home