User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Suits

Things that make you go hmmm.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Suits

Have you ever wondered why is it that we put suits in a garment bag and garments in a suitcase? And speaking of suits, where did the phrase "suits me to a tee" come from? What is the tee referring to? All I can think of is a golf tee, and you wouldn't wear a suit to play golf. Or maybe a tee refers to a T-shirt which is totally opposite of wearing a suit if we are talking about dress code. Hmmm.

1 Comments:

  • I decided to look up tee in the dictionary after my post and I actually found the answer to my question. Webster's gives one definition of tee as: A mark aimed at in some games, as curling or quoits. -to a tee. Perfectly: exactly. The suit fits to a tee. Now my blog is not only thought-provoking, but educational. : )

    By Blogger whaaaat!, at 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home