User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: The Weather Man

Things that make you go hmmm.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Weather Man

Is it the "weather man" or "the weatherman"? What do you call a female "weather man"? A meteorologist? What if she isn't one (don't they have to get some kind of training to be one)? A forecaster? That isn't really accurate either now is it.

Why do the weather men always give us useless information like the dew point? What is that anyway? Do I need to know this so I don’t mess up my shoes in the morning if I walk across the grass? I think they should spend more time getting their forecast right.

Speaking of the weather, have you ever wondered why sheep don't shrink after it rains?

2 Comments:

  • The one thing my wife and I have always wondered: Hom many jobs can you earn a decent salary with no accountability for accuracy?

    We could only think of one. A meteorologist.

    Not a bad gig if you can get it.

    By Blogger Fred, at 1:33 PM  

  • I don't read the comics anymore either. Used to read them every Sunday, Peanuts and Doonesbury and Pogo were my faves. Liked Blondie and Dagwood too and even followed Dick Tracy for awhile. Geez, I'm getting old.

    By Blogger Bar L., at 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home