User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Moving Water

Things that make you go hmmm.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Moving Water

Have you ever looked at your toilet bowl during a wind storm, or more specifically at the water in your toilet bowl? Whaaaat?!!
OK, maybe I should have included this post in my potty talk series. I promise you won't be offended by this one. I have noticed that on days when it is really windy outside, the water in our toilets will move back and forth. High winds can be quite common where we live, so I have seen this phenomenon on several occasions. What causes this? Is there anyone out there who knows and is willing to admit that they know about the workings of a toilet bowl? I remember reading something about a vent pipe up through the roof that is required for there to be pressure for the toilet to flush or something like that. Does it have something to do with that? Anyway, the next time the wind is blowing really hard go take a gander at your toilet bowl water.

Speaking of toilet bowls, have you ever considered the product called 2000 flushes? Just going by the name, would you really want to buy a product that takes 2000 flushes to get rid of?

5 Comments:

  • The directional flow of draining water has something to do with which hemisphere/ part of the world you live in. As for the siphening effecting of the pull of the water downward in the toilt; has to do with the downward flow of the water in the tank using gravity. The "S" curve assist in that flush, and keep the vaporious gasses from backing up.

    Saw a episode of History channle bout tolits as a modren marvel. In WWI, I belive; the U.S. troops came across indoor plumbing in Germany; marked with manifacturing lables, "Made by Crapper." Hence the origin of the term... strangly interesting stuff 'eh?

    LOL

    By Blogger Snowbear, at 9:03 AM  

  • I think somebody has too much time on their hands...

    By Blogger Fred, at 9:17 AM  

  • I know where he does his reading research...

    By Blogger Danny Sims, at 3:41 PM  

  • Guess what?

    You have been “book tagged” !
    Answer these questions and pass them on IF YOU WANT TO. I thought it was fun cause I love books. No curse will come upon you if you don’t and nothing great will happen if you do (except maybe you’ll hear about a good book to read!)

    Layla

    By Blogger Bar L., at 4:14 PM  

  • Thanks for all the great comments here and in the past. It's amazing and kinda makes you go hmmm thinking how these posts get any comments let alone that they are so creative given the subject matter some times. But it has been very entertaining for me and hopefully for you too. Layla, being that my posts have been about such things as toilets, do you really think I would have that much to add intellectually regarding books I read : )? I'll add a comment on your site and I encourage the other witty commenters to do so also.

    By Blogger whaaaat!, at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home