User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Heather Metallic Mist???

Things that make you go hmmm.

Friday, May 27, 2005

Heather Metallic Mist???

In my previous post I mentioned I drive a tan car. The actual color is what they called Heather Metallic Mist. Where do they come up with these names for colors? Crayons are bad enough. I guess when you get all these different shades of colors, they have to come up with something besides brown, light brown, dark brown, and tan. By the way, my wife always called crayons "color crayons". She would say “Can you hand me that color crayon brown?” Isn’t it weird how we have different words or phrases for things? That is a whole other post though. Anyway, do you have any idea what the “real” name is for the color of your vehicles? You know they aren’t just red, blue, gray, or white. Here is an example of a random car I picked to look up the colors they have for it. The Ford Taurus comes in your choice of Vibrant White, Gold Ash, Arizona Beige, Merlot, Light Tundra, Windveil Blue, Silver Frost, and Dark Shadow Grey which really isn't as bad as some.
Speaking of white cars, why would someone in Alaska (or somewhere way up North) buy a white car? You think you have a hard time remembering where you parked your car.
While on the subject of cars, why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist, but a person who drives a race car not called a racist?
And, why does a ship carry cargo, and a car carry shipments?
Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?
And here's one I'm sure all of you animal lovers out there will love, if you throw a cat out your car window does it become kitty litter?

1 Comments:

  • We drove a 1990 Subaru Legacy for years and years. It was Misty Dawn. I did get misty eyed when we finally got ride of that car, but I'm sure there was no connection to the name.

    Love the questions that make you go hmmm. My son asks, "Why is a hamburger made of beef?" I told him it's because it's named for the nemesis of Ronald McDonald, The Hamburglar.

    By Blogger Danny Sims, at 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home