User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Where's Whaaaat! # 3

Things that make you go hmmm.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Where's Whaaaat! # 3

I wasn't sure about these posts, but a few of you have commented (thanks) and hopefully they can be somewhat entertaining. So I guess my wife will have to just continue to be bored with it :) since I have already spent time looking up the info. and I struggle to get material as it is. So let's go.

The area where I am today has a large area of deep blue on one side and another side is quite foreign.
This place can be known for having a lot of animals.
There is an NFL football team that plays in a stadium that has been named for a telecommunications corporation and a MLB team that plays in a new stadium named for a food retailer although I would never eat their food.
A PGA golf event is held here every February and in 2008 a major is scheduled to be held here.
I keep hearing music that sounds like “Anchors Aweigh” mixed with “Fun, Fun, Fun” being played.
According to Google Maps directions, this place is 355 miles from a city that is said to “rise from the ashes”.
Do you know where Whaaaat! is today? Remember, don't click on the comments until you are ready for the answer.

7 Comments:

  • I am in the city of San Diego, California with the Pacific Ocean to the West and the foreign country of Mexico to the South. San Diego is home to the famous San Diego Zoo that houses a lot of animals. The NFL team the San Diego Chargers play in Qualcomm stadium named for the telecommunications giant that started here. The MLB team the San Diego Padres plays in the new stadium PETCO Park named for the pet food retailer. The Torrey Pines golf course in San Diego is home to the PGA tour Buick Invitational played in February each year and in 2008 will host the US Open. The city has a large Naval presence here "Anchors Aweigh" and there are miles of sandy beaches which can be "Fun, Fun, Fun" by the Beach Boys. San Diego is 355 miles West of Phoenix, AZ.

    By Blogger whaaaat!, at 9:06 AM  

  • Okay, maybe I just didn't give your new blogs a chance. They are kind of fun. Sorry big guy!
    Love, the bored wife :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 AM  

  • Cool blog. I guessed Tampa, but maybe I'll get it correct tom!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:13 AM  

  • How are you in San Diego today, Louisville yesterday, and Marble Falls the day before? You're either lost, pilot your own plane, or heavy into frequent flier miles! Tell us, we must know! :)

    By Blogger Danny Sims, at 3:20 PM  

  • Or maybe you're at home and ytou're into mental travel (a very inexpensive way to go).

    By Blogger Danny Sims, at 3:24 PM  

  • It would be nice to actually be visiting all these places but all just for a fun game to see if you can figure it out with the clues I give. I guess you could say it is educational too if you never knew about some of these clues and places. I do have some connection with all of these so far. I went to San Diego about 30 years ago, my wife has been to Louisville about 5 years ago, and we used to live near Austin which is close to Lake LBJ although I have never been there.

    By Blogger whaaaat!, at 3:51 PM  

  • I GOT IT! I didn't even have to click the map. I ADORE San Diego (live north of there) and you did a great job describing it!!!

    By Blogger Bar L., at 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home