User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: This is taking forever

Things that make you go hmmm.

Friday, June 24, 2005

This is taking forever

How often do you say that? In our fast-paced world this is a pretty common sentiment. We want things now, we don't want to wait, we hate it when we have to endure things, we wish we could make time go by faster. Sometimes, we can literally count the seconds while waiting on something. I actually do this sometimes and it seems to help. The Bible speaks often about waiting upon the Lord and about patience. Do you think we need to learn to do this more? I have a bunch of things running through my mind, but I am struggling with how to write it all down. I'll just write a few more phrases and let you comment on what may be your thoughts about this subject. Besides if I kept going, you might end up saying "this is taking forever".

We need to take time to stop and smell the roses.
What kind of a witness are we showing to others when we are impatient?
It's all in His timing.
Fast food.
Endurance, what is the purpose of "having it"?
The tortoise and the hare.
Enjoy the moment.

We've talked about how time goes by so slow, how time flies, the longest day, wishing your life away, and time healing wounds. These are just a few of the many areas in our lives dealing with time. You could probably have a whole blog devoted to just this subject. One final thought, spend each moment you have investing in the kingdom of God, it is the only thing that will last forever.

5 Comments:

  • Romans 6: 4-7
    Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love

    This is all we need to keep in mind, that we need to commend oursleves into being better people.

    I aggree we need to take time, smell the roses, and show our friends, neighbors, and family, PATIENCE.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:48 AM  

  • Thatnks for the comment regarding the KKK man that got hit when they fired into the air.

    Definitly something that makes you go "HMMM"!

    God Bless,

    Tony

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:59 AM  

  • Yes, I am impatient. Whenever I get stuck in traffic, I start to do a slow boil.

    I'll think of this next time that happens.

    By Blogger Fred, at 5:46 AM  

  • Maybe it's because I was writing my next post while you were viewing it. I hope it looks better now. It looks ok on my computer.

    By Blogger whaaaat!, at 9:27 AM  

  • Well, it is about time for me to quit reading all of your blog even tho it is sooo interesting. Again, you should write a book!:-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home