User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Living Securely

Things that make you go hmmm.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Living Securely

It seems like I have typed about this before, but I can’t remember where so if I am repeating myself just bear with me I guess. Is this signs of some sort of blogger senility? Maybe I was away from the blogger world too long. : )

Have you ever heard someone say why would you want to live there with all those _____? Tornadoes, hurricanes, floods you fill in the blank with your favorite natural disaster possibly coming soon but you hope not near you. I used to live in an area that is part of what is commonly referred to as tornado alley. Millions live in Florida where it seems they have hurricanes or at least threats of hurricanes coming ashore every year. Others live in flood plains and after their house gets flooded when the river rises higher than it has been in ?? years, they rebuild their house on the same location where it was before hoping that surely it won’t flood like that for at least another ?? years. But hey, now I live near one of the most secure places. At least according to someone’s opinion with a major insurance company who just rated the area where we live at the top of their list of the most secure places to live in the United States. I read this in a recent article. The rankings took into consideration crime statistics, extreme weather, risk of natural disasters and job loss numbers in 331 U.S. municipalities. Now that Whaaaat! is home after all that travel last week and a little bit of real travel this week, it is nice to know that I am in one of the most secure areas of the US that I could be. At least until I walk across the street and get run over by a bus or something, right?

Something our pastor says all the time though is that the safest place that you could possibly be is in the center of God’s will. If you are there, you should have no worries. And of course the only way to have real security is to receive the forgiveness of your sins by believing in Jesus Christ who died on the cross to pay the price for us and to reconcile us with God. He wants to have a personal relationship with you and give you the security of eternal life which is only possible by making Jesus the Lord of your life. Have you made this decision? Don't wait until it is too late if you have not.

2 Comments:

  • "the safest place that you could possibly be is in the center of God’s will"

    amen!

    (I live in earthquake country and we've had three this week)

    By Blogger Bar L., at 3:38 PM  

  • I'll take the hurricane blank, especially since three of them roared over my solid house. Many a prayer was uttered during those days.

    Nice post. My wife and I are very active in YoungLife and WyldLife with our children because the churches in our area didn't have a youth group we were happy with.

    When they're out of school (4 more years!) we're going to take a more active role in a church to be determined.

    By Blogger Fred, at 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home