User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: I think my Pop Tart just moved!

Things that make you go hmmm.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

I think my Pop Tart just moved!

I took the leftover Pop Tart (actually it was the Flavorite brand of toasted pastry) to the toaster and when I pulled it out and plopped it down on the paper towel so it wouldn't burn my fingers, I noticed it was quite a bit more crumbly than usual. I didn't think anything of it. I had eaten the first one from the package of two the day before and it was yummy, so I was looking forward to eating this one. I finished off I would say about 7/8 of the pastry and had a bite still in my mouth when I looked down to get the last bite and I noticed something moving. I looked closer and noticed there were several little bugs crawling around, maybe 10 or 12 that looked like tiny ants. Yuccccchhhkkk! I spit out the bite I had in my mouth along with several more spits followed by several swishes of water. I looked at the package and the box they came in and where I had these stored in my office and saw a line of about 50 more of the little bugs' friends and promptly took to cleaning them up, throwing them away, squishing them, whatever it took to get rid of them. I had feelings of bugs crawling in my mouth and on my arms etc. for a few hours after that. I have never had a bug problem before, but I guess the open package with that yummy pop tart was too enticing for them this time.

You have probably seen reality shows on TV where they eat bugs or disgusting things. I actually watched the first couple of Fear Factors, but now they have so much of the disgusting eating etc. that I don't watch it anymore. Well I ate several bugs and I didn't get to be on TV or get any money or prizes or anything. OK, they were really tiny and weren't as yucky as those you see on TV. Oh well. A little extra protein I guess.

11 Comments:

  • So much for my appetite...

    By Blogger Fred, at 11:00 AM  

  • I toasted it, I assume they made it through that process because they were there on the paper towel on top of my desk and their friends were under my desk where I had the package. Come to think of it, the toaster had a little bit of smoke, maybe it was the crumbs falling off, or maybe it was some of the bugs who didn't make it to my mouth.

    By Blogger whaaaat!, at 12:25 PM  

  • really, that is SICK. blech.

    By Blogger chirky, at 1:02 PM  

  • Anttarts? Toasted Bugtarts?

    By Blogger steve, at 1:39 PM  

  • Well, the sound of poptarts sounded good at first....but now, i'm just not that hungry. I think i got the willies. I hope the creepy crawly feeling goes away soon man. Oh, BTW, i found you through Steve's blog. He's become very popular.

    Steve, you are just way too funny.

    By Blogger Tammy, at 4:19 PM  

  • Yucky poo!!! Reminds me of the time when as a newlywed I ate rice with little bugs in it!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:35 PM  

  • Yuk. I will never look at Pop Tarts the same.

    By Blogger Bar L., at 9:27 PM  

  • Ants need to eat, too!

    In this world of dog-eat-dog, it has come to this: man-eats-ant!

    Were there any uncles in there?

    Pop Tarts were never made for human consumption, anyway.

    By Blogger Joe, at 3:18 AM  

  • tooth bleaching colorado!! New breakthrough in at home teeth whitening. The first ever laser teeth whitening at home. For more info check out tooth bleaching colorado

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:25 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Missanthropic, at 6:01 PM  

  • I know this was written a while ago, but today I opened a package of poptarts I just bought at the dollar general to find something like a maggot or worm crawling out of the poptarts just opened.

    By Blogger Missanthropic, at 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home