User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Does it really make sense?

Things that make you go hmmm.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Does it really make sense?

My company gives all 23 of us a turkey each Thanksgiving. About a $20 gift, it could be cheaper but our office manager buys them fresh from an organic farm, whatever. I would rather have the $20. For one thing, we didn't even cook the turkey this year since there is a smaller number of us and easier to just buy and cook turkey breast meat. And b., I could buy just as good a turkey for a lot cheaper and save the extra money. And four, I had to plug in our old freezer just for this turkey that we didn't eat which I unplugged since not much in there and wasting energy and money. I know, I should just be thankful, but it really doesn't make much sense. My wife had a good idea though, she said we should just cook it up and divide the meat into bags that we can thaw out periodically and have it for turkey sandwiches.

3 Comments:

  • I often do as your wife suggested whenever I buy a turkey that turns out to be to large. It works!

    By Blogger Joe, at 5:31 AM  

  • It is a nice thought. Give it to a poorer family if you don't need it.

    By Blogger Christine, at 6:42 PM  

  • Hey, T! Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year. It's been so long since I went visiting that I thought I should catch up a bit. Hope you're doing well ... hope you found a use for that blasted turkey. ;)

    By Blogger shannon, at 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home