User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: The UPS guy with attitude

Things that make you go hmmm.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The UPS guy with attitude

Have you ever surprised yourself in how you respond to something or someone? I did the other day. A UPS delivery guy showed up at our little office that is connected by a shared kitchen and bathrooms (see Potty-Talk # 3 ) with another small office behind us. He had a hand cart stacked with four boxes of various sizes. He just says "where do you want 'em". So I say "are they for My Company's Name or are they for The Other Company's Name" which is what I usually ask so if they are for the other company the delivery guy can just take it straight back and have them sign for their own deliveries. He says they are for us, so I look at the one on top and it clearly says The Other Company's Name. So I tell him so and he gets clearly agitated and says they just have the shared address and he wasn't told there were different offices. Clearly he was a new guy or just filling in since the other FedEx, DHL, and regular UPS guys never have any problem. Anyway, he acts all upset and wants me to just sign so he can drop them off and get on his way. Not wanting to have to carry all these boxes back to The Other Company, I look at them and see that there is one box that is for My Company and the other three large boxes are for The Other Company. So I say I will sign for this one, but the other ones are theirs. He basically says "what's the difference, just sign so I can get going" and obviously has attitude. Don't most of the delivery guys usually show at least some common courtesy? And usually they are extra friendly which makes sense since there is so much competition in their business. Well this guy wasn't friendly at all and all of a sudden I found myself saying "what's your deal?" and he looks at me and says "what do you mean?" so I say "you sure have attitude" which surprises him and he quickly changes his tune and says he's not trying to have attitude, and proceeds to change his little scanner so I can just sign for the one box.

What is funny is that another service guy had come in to service our AC units and he heard this whole thing. I wondered if he was a little scared of how I was going to treat him. A few minutes later he stopped by my office on the way out and says that I was right about the UPS guy being a jerk because apparently he overheard him being rude to the Other Company employees when he gave them their packages too.
I wonder if the UPS guy told all his delivery compadres "Don't mess with the guy at My Company Name". That's right, don't come to me with attitude, I'll set you straight.

Here are some pictures that I found at yotophoto that I thought could be a "humorous" depiction of my response to the UPS guy with attitude:












Yes, I have super powers to melt delivery trucks.
Of course, this would be the expected response, just switch to Fed Ex.








I guess we could install a bell like this one and add Only "if it is for My Company Name and if you don't have attitude".

2 Comments:

  • I pushed the button, but nothing happened.

    By Blogger Joe, at 3:31 AM  

  • Must have been because you were trying to deliver to The Other Company Name and/or you were bringing attitude. Don't mess wit me. LOL : )

    By Blogger whaaaat!, at 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home