User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: A truly significant claim related to the aforementioned Rattlesnake Mountain

Things that make you go hmmm.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A truly significant claim related to the aforementioned Rattlesnake Mountain

I know in my previous post I was joking about the "significant claim" of Rattlesnake Mountain being the tallest treeless mountain in... somewhere, well I can make a truly remarkable claim that is somewhat related to Rattlesnake Mountain. No, I have never climbed it. I can brag that my son has played T-ball with the daughter of a professional football player. Not just any pro football player, but a 12 year veteran defensive tackle for the Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers. Whaaaat?! How does that relate to Rattlesnake Mountain? Well, Kimo Von Oelhoffen and his family spend their offseason in the same area that we live and our kids played on the same YMCA T-ball team a couple years ago. Maybe even more impressive is that my wife went to high school with Kimo's wife, so we would spend some time talking with them as we cheered on our kids. Ok, still don't get how that relates to the mountain. Kimo opened a really neat restaurant here that used to be called Rattlesnake Mountain Brewing Company. I think he must have bought the name as well as the restaurant/brewery because he still uses the name. Impressed?

1 Comments:

  • Breaking news: apparently the same day I post about Kimo von Oelhoffen he signs a 3 year deal with the New York Jets for $9.2 million.

    By Blogger whaaaat!, at 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home