User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: My roots are in Texas

Things that make you go hmmm.

Friday, March 24, 2006

My roots are in Texas


My sweet mom wrote me an email the other day telling me about the weather down in Texas where they live and where I grew up and I'm sure used that as an excuse to get in another jab at me for moving away from home, now being the only one of their kids who doesn't live in the great state of Texas. I thought my response was pretty clever, trying to inject some humor.

----- Original Message -----
From: Mom
To: whaaaat!
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 2:36 PM
Subject: Texas

Hi whaaaat, how is it there? Coooollld here, but very little snow. Those in NM getting several inches.

I just sent a deal to your home about Texas. Don't forget your roots are in TEXAS!

----- My Response -----
From: whaaaat
To: Mom
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 2:45 PM
Subject: Re: Texas

Howdy Ma,
I ain't forgot that I were born and raised down yonder.
Ya'll are downright cold are ya?

We have been having typical spring weather, sunny and in the 60s.

So that's where I left my roots. No wonder I don't have any hair on top anymore. : )
Love, whaaaat!


No, this isn't me. I'm much better looking. : )
Actually, I have a little bit more hair on top, but not much.

4 Comments:

  • Fun blog. The pictures are cool.

    Is there a limit to how many pictures one can load to Blogger?

    I'm always a little fearful I'll reach some sort of limit.

    There was a series of great picks dealing with UPS on some other blog. My favorite was a UPS truck which collided with a FedEx and the FedEx was knocked onto its side. UPS won I guess.

    By Blogger Curious Servant, at 8:47 AM  

  • God made a few perfect heads. The rest of them He covered with hair.

    By Blogger Joe, at 5:28 AM  

  • curious servant - Thanks for visiting. I try to get all my pics from yotophoto, or morguefile, which mostly has ones that are free to use and without copyright problems. On blogger faq about photos it says you can load up to 300 MB of server space with images (see http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=1158&topic=17#limits).
    Joe, yes I guess some of us are more blessed in that area than others. : )

    By Blogger whaaaat!, at 8:26 AM  

  • O.K. got the humor and enjoyed it. Hope others in the family are following this bit of humor. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home