User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: It's time for Keith Jackson to retire... again!

Things that make you go hmmm.

Friday, January 06, 2006

It's time for Keith Jackson to retire... again!

I was definitely disappointed when I heard that Keith Jackson announced his retirement as a play by play sportscaster for college football after the 1998 season. I mean he is an icon for college football with his classic "Whoa Nellie!" and "Fum-BLE!" and my fav "AL-a-BAMA". Then all of a sudden, there he is again the very next fall annoncing again. What's up with that anyway? But after his recent performance announcing the Rose Bowl on Wednesday night, I think it is definitely time for him to retire again and this time for good before he ruins his reputation. He did a terrible job missing huge plays, not saying anything when something needed to be said, and getting several things wrong. I think it is just because he is too old at 77 to be right on top of things as a play by play announcer. Actually, there are plenty of other sportscasters that are way worse that should hang it up too. But anyway, his performance or lack thereof couldn't take away from the awesome game that night. Hook 'em Horns. I am only sorta jumpin on the bandwagon here as UT hasn't always been my favorite team or anything, although I have never had anything against them. But now I can say I am a Longhorn fan as I have been rooting for them all year, and I have several connections to UT as we used to live in Austin, we have family that lives there now, and I also have a nephew that goes there.

3 Comments:

  • Heyyy, good to read your blogs again. This if the first in a while isn't it? I agree with you, but what do I know. :-) dc

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:44 PM  

  • HEY YOU! You didn't tell me you were back blogging! You were my first reader so you have a special place in my blog heart. Good to see you again :) You probably don't even remember me do you!!!

    By Blogger Bar L., at 10:53 PM  

  • WHAAAAAT, WHEEEEEERE have you been? Go to see (read) to again.
    Joe B

    By Blogger JOE B, at 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home