User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Things that make you go Ahhhh, you scared me.

Things that make you go hmmm.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Things that make you go Ahhhh, you scared me.

Well one thing really. Last night (actually at 3:37 this morning), our son came into our dark room and just stood next to our bed. He has done this before, I have no idea how he makes it through the dark hallway without hitting a wall or something. This time he actually poked my rib waking me from deep sleep and making me go "Ahhhh, you scared me." Other times I have just felt his presence there and woke up to see him standing there. Startling to say the least. The funny thing is that I remember doing this as a kid and my wife does too. Is this just a common thing for kids to sneak into their parents' rooms in the darkness and scare them? Has this ever happened to you or do you remember doing this?

8 Comments:

  • I remember doing this. I always went to dad's side of the bed, b/c mom's eyes wouldn't ever close all the way when she slept and it creeped me out.

    Hubby used to do this too. One time, in his dad's sleepy state, when he realized someone was standing at the bed, he began violently shaking him. For several seconds. Then he realized it was his son. Needless to say, hubby was worse off then when he first walked in there.

    By Blogger Amstaff Mom, at 10:13 AM  

  • LOL....I would have a heart attack. That never has happen to us.We always closed the door and lock it. Sounds spooky to me.LOL
    God Bless You.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:26 AM  

  • I don't remember ever doing this but my dad worked nights and slept during the day and we were told to be very quiet.

    My son has come into my room a million times during the night but I always wake up before he has the chance to scare me...

    By Blogger Bar L., at 2:32 PM  

  • A couple of years ago we moved into a 120 year old house, everyone kept trying to scare me and tell me it was haunted. For the first few months my imagination got the best of me a time or two. I knew better than to really believe them. But like I said the first couple of months was a little wierd. One night my youngest came in around 3 am, I felt someone staring at me. All I could think about in my sleepy state was Freddie was going to get me. I jumped straight up and I think I scared my son more than he scared me. Now he just crawls over me and goes to sleep.
    Thanks for the memmories, Joe

    By Blogger JOE B, at 6:52 PM  

  • I don't remember doing it myself, but our kids have all done it. Normally, they did it when they couldn't sleep, so they would wake us up with that fact.

    I guess misery loves company.

    By Blogger Fred, at 7:54 AM  

  • sometimes I sneak up on myself, just to see if I am awake

    By Blogger David Edward, at 1:41 PM  

  • my brother did this...

    I would find him standing above me with a pillow or blunt object... weird

    By Blogger steve, at 9:35 PM  

  • Yep, you did that a lot. Wonder why it was always on my side of the bed. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home