User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Deleted pictures

Things that make you go hmmm.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Deleted pictures

I just deleted most of the pictures I had uploaded to my blog. I left the liger since it wouldn't be the same and these pics were emailed to me. My brother had just emailed me asking about the pics on my site and I was doing some looking up on Blogger here about this and noticed the deal about copyrights. I never really thought about it. I was just doing searches and saving the pictures to my computer and uploading them for my posts. I sure don't want to get into trouble for something stupid like that so my site might not be as colorful in the future. Probably not very likely, but you never know with computers and codes tracking things and things.

7 Comments:

  • Here is an example: I went to the site where I copied the Hank Aaron picture and noticed their copyright page http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/privacy.htm

    By Blogger whaaaat!, at 1:00 PM  

  • This makes me go hmmm...

    By Blogger Danny Sims, at 3:46 PM  

  • Better safe than sorry, I guess. Don't they have to warn you first?

    By Blogger Fred, at 3:52 PM  

  • Yeah, I don't know how likely anyone would be to enforce their copyright esp. if just using it on a blog. It's not like we would be using the image for gain or something. But like it was said, better safe than sorry I guess.

    By Blogger whaaaat!, at 4:02 PM  

  • I heard that it was okay to use a photo as long as you gave credit to the photographer. I have a whole site with photos that I have taken from other people but don't always know who to credit the photo to! And what about all the emails people send back and forth...do those count as a copyright infringement?

    I know at work we have had to obtain permission from everyone lots of people to use their art,photography and music...but is it the same with a blog that is just "for fun" not for profit?

    I'm paranoid now! Is this an ethical thing? I don't want to do anything wrong but my rock and roll site is 90% photos and I don't want to shut it down :(

    By Blogger Bar L., at 8:36 PM  

  • Paranoid? We wouldn't have to be so paranoid if so many people weren't out to get us.

    We actually need a legal answer to the question of pictures.

    Isn't a picture posted in a public place already public? Hmmmm.

    By Blogger Joe, at 4:36 AM  

  • In case you were wondering why I have started putting pictures here again, I have found a search site that is pretty good that gives images that are free to download and that have no or few restrictions. See http://yotophoto.com/

    By Blogger whaaaat!, at 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home