User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Should I blog, or should I go?

Things that make you go hmmm.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Should I blog, or should I go?

This is my dilemma. I have been "blogging" for about 5 months now and it has turned into quite a habit. The problem is that I do this while I am at work. My job has been very slow lately, so I am still able to get done all that needs to get done. I have been convicted that I really should not be doing this activity at work because I am not giving my time and best effort to my employer for which I am being compensated. Colossians 3:22-24. Also, with all the benefits that come with the blogging which I will expound more on below, none of it would be worth losing my job over. I doubt that would happen unless I messed up some other way, but I don't need to give them a reason to fire me.

I could go on and on justifying and giving details of why I like to blog, but all would still lead me to conclude that I must go. I may pop in on occasion, but while I am at home and not at work. This is hard too because I really don't have the free time nor do I want to take away from time spent with my family. Anyway here is a tribute to all those who I have been faithfully reading lately in hopes that if anyone stumbles across my site in the future they may find their way to some good quality posts. Thanks to all who have visited my site and esp. those who have added their comments which have made my posts even more fun to read.

OK, here is another reason I must go. I had this huge post listing all the sites I go to with all these great things to say about each one and why I would go to their sites and I went to Save as Draft to then Publish and poof, it was gone. What a waste of time. Maybe I wasn't supposed to post this in case I left someone out or said things that someone wouldn't want. Oh well, I hit the recover post deal and got the first two paragraphs above back, so I decided instead of retyping all of that I would just refer you to my links on the right side. Some of the nice things I initially said were that it has been great meeting some great Christian brothers and sisters that I wish lived here so I could have real friendships with, etc. I could really see how some could be great mentors to me and all just having a great time hanging out. Anyway, it has been fun. It has been real (as real as you can get in the Blogger world). I have to say it, it has been real fun. God bless.

8 Comments:

  • Sorry to see you leaving.

    ~Jef

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:53 PM  

  • I miss you already but I support your decision. I have also been blogging too much from work due to lack of nothing to do on my job, but it's not right.

    PLEASE stop by and blog now and then! I look foward to reading you every day.

    By Blogger Bar L., at 3:06 PM  

  • You do know it's not April 1st, right? I enjoy this blog very much; I hate to see you go.

    Can't you be like those TV shows that come back every so often?

    As a going away gift, I clicked on all the Google ads to tell your sponsors to apply some pressure on you so you return. :)

    Godspeed.

    By Blogger Fred, at 5:53 PM  

  • Fred, great idea! I am going to start clicking those adds too. I may start a petition to force him back into blogging - I know you guys will sign it :)

    By Blogger Bar L., at 6:17 PM  

  • My filter let me through again. I guess it was just a hitch in the system for a while. Like others, come back and post when you feel like you have something you want to say. I'll check back!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 AM  

  • Oh No! Please don't go!

    This is one of my favorites!

    Come back! Come back!

    By Blogger Joe, at 4:07 AM  

  • Are you still out there? I've missed seeing your comments and miss your blog even more.

    By Blogger Danny Sims, at 5:26 AM  

  • It's sad to see you go. I also blog from work...but I have not been doing it as much lately. I just can't be bothered sometimes...but I am in a habit...I hang onto blogging from work for one thing...and that is that I can now Word blog...so I just type what I'm thinking in word...add to it every now and then and the publish when it's finished. If I do it this way I don't get side tracked with the internet. But there have been times when i wondered if I should stop, but then word blogging came along and it made it all so much easier and less time consuming.

    But it is good to see someone doing something that they believe in.

    God Bless! It is sad when bloggers go...

    By Blogger kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* , at 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home