User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: DAD

Things that make you go hmmm.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

DAD

My father passed away on Thursday, January 11, 2007. He was just 72 years old. He died of lung cancer that had slowly spread near his heart. He battled valiantly for about 6 months. I think he continued to think he could beat it. I did too, never giving up hope until the final days of his life which went so quickly. I thought about doing a post as a tribute to him, but I feel that I couldn’t put in enough words and in the right way to say all that could be said about my dad. I didn't feel it would really be the right place for it either. I’ll simply say he was a wonderful man. He truly loved the Lord and served Him diligently up until he was called home to be with Jesus.

We spent a week in Texas with my family as we celebrated his life, cried together, remembered him, and tried to take some necessary steps to face life without him. I’m so thankful that each of my immediate family members has Christ as our Lord and Savior and can trust in Him to comfort and guide us and that we have the assurance that Dad is now free of pain and with the Lord in Heaven. I’ll try to post some more about our experiences on our trip when I get the chance.

I love you and miss you Dad!

3 Comments:

  • Very well written. I know your Dad was a wonderful guy, a humorist, loving, very neat, liked to dress well, and most of all a wonderful Christian man.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:44 PM  

  • I am terribly sorry for your loss.

    ~Jef

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:09 AM  

  • I'm so sorry, T., for your loss. But how beautiful that he had such an impact on your family. You are his legacy, his testimony to Who he belonged to.

    You're in my prayers tonight.

    By Blogger shannon, at 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home