User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Palm trees in the Pacific NW?

Things that make you go hmmm.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Palm trees in the Pacific NW?

If you read my previous post you may have wondered about the picture of the palm tree blowing in the wind. You may have asked yourself "do they really have palm trees in the Pacific NW?" Well, the picture is just a free-use photo I looked up on yotophoto, so it isn't an actual picture of the wind storm we just had, but it made me think of another post of something that will make you go hmmm. We do actually have palm trees here. Actually, we used to. There was a little strip mall parking lot that the owner lined with palm trees. Our climate isn't one that could support palm trees year round like in Florida or SoCal, so the owner of this strip mall would put these palm trees out each spring and keep them out during the summer and then uproot them before the winter and store them in a barn or something and bring them out again the next year. I think he either got tired of this or they finally died, because we haven't seen them there for awhile now.

Update from the cleanup of pear balls. It took me about 2 hours and 21 5-gallon bucketfulls to pick up all the pear balls that were in our lawn yesterday. My back and legs are sore. Now our trash container is half full of them. Glad the trash man comes tomorrow.

1 Comments:

  • Thank goodness for the trash man.

    Living in Florida, it's weird for me to see palm trees in places like South Carolina. I guess I'm a snob.

    By Blogger Fred, at 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home