User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Why didn't I do that?

Things that make you go hmmm.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Why didn't I do that?

Have you ever had a crazy idea for a business or a product to sell? What are some of them? Have you later seen where someone else did the same thing and were either very successful and you kick yourself for not going for it or they were a flop and you were so glad that you didn’t? I remember visiting a mega sporting goods store where they had all these neat areas where you could try out the different products like a basketball court, a baseball pitching machine, even an artificial ski slope on a treadmill type thing. There was also a golf simulator where you hit the ball off a mat into a screen and your shot continues based on it’s speed and trajectory in this picture of a golf course. You could choose from several famous courses and even play a whole round keeping score etc. I thought this would be a great idea to have an arcade like store where someone could play a round for less than at a real course and get in some good practice in a fun way as compared to going to a range and hitting balls over and over. I think this would be very successful esp. in a cold weather climate where the golf season might be short. This wasn’t the case for me since the places I have lived have been warm weather climates. I even sent off for more information about these simulators and they were quite expensive so it would take some up front investment, but I still think it would be a good idea and I have yet to see any store like this. I am not the risk taker type to make a go at it though, so I am sure it will probably remain just a good idea.

1 Comments:

  • Yes!

    I had a great idea for a product I called "Bumper-Talk" with which you could send a message (programmed for cleaned ones only) to other drivers by pressing a button which lighted a sign on the bumper or in the back window. Messages like: Your turn signal is on; road out ahead; speed trap ahead.

    Things like: you &^*%$(*&@#$ would not be transmittable.

    Some guy in Naples, FL did it before I could.

    By Blogger Joe, at 4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home