User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Burps

Things that make you go hmmm.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Burps

Burps, do we learn the appropriateness of this from our families? We have friends that the husband let’s out these huge belches and doesn’t blink an eye at it or say excuse me unless someone says something like Whoa or Wow that was a huge one. Our daughter who is still learning to talk well will let out a little burp and say “I burped, that was a big one” no matter if you barely could hear it. Like so many things she says, we try unsuccessfully to teach her manners saying that she needs to say excuse me but can’t help cracking up at what she just said. Another guy in my office you can hear let out a huge burp with no excuse me or anything else. He is also the one who when he sneezes is really loud, but really high pitched and shrill like he’s trying to sound like a girl or something.

A joke my father-in-law told my kids one day: What color is a hiccup (or burp)? It’s burple.
I guess there are some father-in-law jokes out there. :)

1 Comments:

  • Manners have gone out the window.

    The one I hate (aside from unexcused burps) is "No problem" from a waiter or other service person who has just done the service for which he/she gets paid.

    OF COURSE IT'S NO PROBLEM YOU NUMB-SKULL! THAT'S WHAT YOU GET PAID TO DO! HOW ABOUT A SIMPLE, "YOU'RE WELCOME?"

    There. I feel better now.

    By Blogger Joe, at 4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home