User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Music at a Memorial Service

Things that make you go hmmm.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Music at a Memorial Service

Have you ever seen a choir sing at someone's funeral or memorial service? I don't think I ever have. Well there was a huge choir from my parent's church that sang at my dad's memorial service. My mom and dad were faithful members of the church choir. Dad had even been "president" of the choir for awhile. When Dad passed away, Mom pretty much left the music up to the choir director to handle. Wow, they did a wonderful job. They sang 3 songs and they were so powerful and almost like a host of angels. I'm not sure how many there were, probably 50-100, and it looked like they had to bring in extra chairs for them. This was quite amazing in itself as this was during the day on a Monday and with not great weather outside. It was also sweet watching some of them and their emotions as the pastors spoke about Dad. They sang special arrangements of two familiar hymns and one other more somber song that the choir had sing on a trip that my parent's went on. It was all quite a tribute and a blessing.

1 Comments:

  • That must have been extraordinarily meaningful.

    By Blogger Joe, at 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home