User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: I won my fantasy baseball league... is that such a big deal?

Things that make you go hmmm.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

I won my fantasy baseball league... is that such a big deal?



I participated in a fantasy baseball league with two of my brothers and each of their oldest sons. I really enjoyed it again this year. It is fun to keep track of your players each day and makes you root for them to do well and makes you a bigger fan of major league baseball. It ended up that only one of my brothers and myself were still actively managing our teams at the end of the season. I was able to keep the lead for a big part of the season and the last couple of months my brother was pretty much keeping pace with me only a few points back. Then during the last week I was checking my stats and noticed I was in danger of losing some points in a couple of categories to my other brother and the two boys WHO WEREN'T EVEN PLAYING ANYMORE. I ended up only dropping a point and a half at the end and finished still ahead of my brother, but it was close. I hope to play again next year and might have my son play this time since he was very interested this year and has enjoyed watching baseball lately.
By the way, have you seen this sign that they have at Safeco Field where the Seattle Mariners play? Did you know that it is actually also a clock on the Mariners symbol in the middle? I never realized that until recently.

10 Comments:

  • I woulda won it had I been able to access the darn thing. Remember, I changed ISP's right after we started the thing and the rest is history.
    By the by, when are you going to change your profile? Do you really consider youself "just a sinner saved by grace"? We as Christians are no longer sinners but are now saints. It's all about our new identity in Christ. Just thought I would throw that at ya and see where you might want to run with it. Yet, you didn't reply to my last comment on your blog so maybe you check it less frequently than I do (he he).
    Love ya brother from the same mother.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 PM  

  • Yeah right, I doubt that you woulda won it, in fact that was kinda my point that you guys were still earning points even when you were doing nothing. If you were managing, you probably would have made more mistakes and lost more points than if you were doing nothing. :) And what is up with saying you couldn't access it after changing ISPs? Did your new ISP have a block on accessing Yahoo Sports? I think that is just a lame excuse since you knew you didn't have a chance against my superior management skills. :)

    So what was your last comment? Are you the anonymous comment on the post about the movie? If so, I don't know how I would reply except to say "thanks for the comment".

    Regarding your comment about my profile, I think we could probably go on and on discussing this so maybe it would be best to do that somewhere else besides here. I will say that I didn't put that I am "just a sinner" but that "I am a sinner who has been redeemed". I am not a lost sinner, but hopefully someone who is can find hope in reading that they can also accept His redemtion. I recognize my identity as a saint and that through the power of Christ sin and death no longer have dominion, but I have not yet reached perfection although that should be my goal but I know that I will not reach that while I am still in this flesh. I think it is healthy to make a sober assessment of our continuing struggle with sin so we can humble ourselves before God and thank Him for his grace and trust in Him for power to overcome the future temptations. There should be a healthy balance.

    By Blogger whaaaat!, at 1:13 PM  

  • Wow, I thought you didn't want to discuss it here.
    The ISP thing is this: my previous ISP was sbcglobal.net which is the id I used to sign up for that fantasy game. When I changed to Clearwire I couldn't use one of my other Yahoo id's to access that.
    But, back to the other...we will have to discuss it the next time we are together in person.
    Love you guys!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 PM  

  • Congratulations, T. I say that having absolutely no grasp on exactly what Fantasy Football is. But still ... congratulations.

    Just thought I'd stop by and say hello.

    By Blogger shannon, at 11:33 AM  

  • Hi Shannon. Thanks for stopping by. I have been too busy lately to keep this up.

    By Blogger whaaaat!, at 8:06 AM  

  • Merry Christmas!

    By Blogger Danny Sims, at 6:40 PM  

  • Blessings in the new year!

    By Blogger Danny Sims, at 8:21 PM  

  • You've been spammed by someone. See the comment on "Up, up and away."

    By Blogger David Kirk, at 7:08 AM  

  • Is it time to come back yet?

    By Blogger Fred, at 9:06 PM  

  • Congrats!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home