User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Movies that are nothing like they are advertised... in good and bad ways.

Things that make you go hmmm.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Movies that are nothing like they are advertised... in good and bad ways.

Have you ever watched a movie and thought "wow, that was nothing like the trailer advertised it"? This seems to happen for me often and fortunately it is usually in a good way. Often the movie trailers are so dumb or advertise the movie with certain aspects that really don't do the movie justice and don't give a good picture of what it is really about. A recent example is the movie "Bridge to Terabithia". I hesitated watching this movie when it was first released and even when it first came out on DVD because it looked more like a fantasy land story with giants etc. and I didn't think my kids would want to see it or should see it. However, when we were able to request it and get it free from our local library, I figured we would give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised that the fantasy part was really only a small part of the film and it really had a good story and I thought it was really well made. Have any of you seen it? What did you think? Do you have any examples of movies not being like they were advertised in a good or a bad way?

1 Comments:

  • I had the exact same thoughts about this movie. It was really quite moving. I also thought it might be too much of the fantasy garbage, but was pleasantly suprised that was mostly just the sub plot.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home