User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: More of kids say the funniest things

Things that make you go hmmm.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

More of kids say the funniest things

I have a few more funny things my 3 yr. old said recently.

For some reason we were talking about money or earning it or something and our little one says "I have some money" referring to some dollars she got for her birthday awhile back from relatives. We have tried to stress the importance of tithing, esp. to our 7 yr. old recently on the small allowance money he earns and we often will give our 3 yr. old some coins to "give to Jesus". We proudly hear her proclaim "I want to give my money to God". Then she says "you know, in one of those cantelopes" referring to the little offering envelopes.

We were out in the backyard the other evening and I was tired and ready to go in. Our 3 yr. old says "Daddy, you have to come swing Ma-Lisa on the rope swing". Now this is her favorite of the recurring imaginary friend names that she uses. I am spelling the name like she says it. It is not Melissa. She will call some of her dolls this name and sometimes an invisible little friend like in this instance. Being tired, I tried to get out of it saying "Ma-Lisa doesn't really want to swing, she's ready to go in." In order to avoid the little fit she was about to throw, I agreed and went over to push the rope swing. I played along and said things like "wow, Ma-Lisa is having fun" etc. The next time I pushed the swing, I pushed it too far and it almost hit the frame of the play set so I said "Whoa, I almost knocked Ma-Lisa off". She looks at me like I'm nuts and says "she's not really real". Of course five minutes later as we are going in, she hands me two imaginary friends to take inside and says "Ma-Lisa and Joshua are ready to go in now".

Our 3 yr. old disappeared for a few minutes and then came in the living room with a little piece of paper that she had scribbled two splotches on and shows her mom. My wife says what's this? She says "it's thhhhppffff and thhhhppffff", making the little toot noise with her tongue sticking out and blowing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home