User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: I paid $2.85 for gas!

Things that make you go hmmm.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I paid $2.85 for gas!


No, not per gallon but for a whole tank. I didn't really, but that is about all that people in Venezuela pay for a tank of gas. That's right, they have the world's cheapest gas prices at $0.12 a gallon. Did you see this report a few weeks ago? Here is an article on MSNBC from May 10. I think it has gone up to a whopping $0.14 since then, but you can still fill a 20 gallon tank for less than what you pay for one gallon here. Most of the stations here have been stuck at $2.99 a gallon for a few weeks. Apparently afraid to go over the big $3 mark.

I remember just about 10 years ago, we paid $0.89 a gallon. What is the cheapest price you remember paying for a gallon of gas? I also remember how when it was starting to inch up to $1, thinking that I can live with that. Ugghhh! Now it is three times that. How have the gas prices affected you? Or have they? Do you drive less, have you changed to a more fuel efficient vehicle, or do you still drive the same and try not to think about it?

I got an email forwarded to me the other day about water fuel with a story of a man who has developed a way to change water to HHO instead of H2O (I think) and can burn it and use it as a safer way to weld and he also was able to develop a deal for his car so he can safely use water instead of gas for fuel. I also heard from a coworker that she heard of a converter you can put on a diesel vehicle to burn used cooking oil. I wonder what new technology will take off and be used in the years to come.

2 Comments:

  • We still drive the same and try not tho think about it.

    I'd love to buy a more fuel efficient car, and will next time I need to buy one.

    I can recall as a kid a Hornet station in Texarkana, Arkansas having gas for $0.19 a gallon. It was normally double that, but they were having a gas war with another station...

    By Blogger Danny Sims, at 5:38 AM  

  • Crazy isn't it? I only wish there was some way to make big bucks in ministry so as to be able to afford our gas prices. Or maybe you and I ought to develop the next fuel efficient technology and work at what we love for nothing. What do think?

    ps: I'm back to blogland if you're reading.

    By Blogger BJ, at 1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home