User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Animal Oddities

Things that make you go hmmm.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Animal Oddities

Here are some more things that I found on the internet, this time all about animals and insects and other creatures. Some of these make you wonder if they are true and for sure make you wonder who and why someone would have tested such things.

A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.

A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue. (why should he?)

A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.

A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds. (now come on, how can you test this to be true?)

A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.

A snail can sleep for three years.

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

Butterflies taste with their feet.

Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds. Dogs only have about 10.

There are more chickens than people in the world.

Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.

5 Comments:

  • You forgot cats taste like chicken. COME ON I WAS JUST KIDDING.
    Joe b

    By Blogger JOE B, at 6:39 PM  

  • I threw my pet snail out. I thought he was dead!

    Complicating matters, some people are chicken.

    By Blogger Joe, at 3:46 AM  

  • I was wondering, too, about the snail. Must mean someone stayed awake three years to tell us that snails can sleep for three. Probably a government worker.

    By Blogger Zoanna, at 12:51 AM  

  • I hate snails. I also have wondered where they come from. Now that we, in Texas, have finally received rain, I know the snails will begin to come out and of course, love my flowers, which will eventually kill them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:23 PM  

  • Would you believe, that here in Texas, since we are still having a drought, I have not seen one snail. This really is surprising to me as I constantly water our flower beds and the yard? I'd like to hear some explainations.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home