User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Things you can learn from a packet of instant oatmeal # 7

Things that make you go hmmm.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Things you can learn from a packet of instant oatmeal # 7

I had just pushed the publish post button this morning when blogger must have had problems because I couldn't go to any site and I lost all I had typed so here we go again.

For those praying for Austin, this was on Cindy's site this morning:
the most recent information I have on Austin: His mother, who has been fighting a very bad bacterial infection for some time now, was admitted to the hospital yesterday because of the infection. I don't have any details, but I can only imagine how she feels being in the hospital while her 3 year old son, Austin, is in open heart surgery. They started the surgery at 8:00 or 8:30 this morning and I'll update you all when I hear something. Thank you all for your prayers for this family.
So continue to pray for him and his family and check her site for more updates and also for more prayer requests of hers.

On to the oatmeal trivia, can you believe that our sun is so big that more than one million earths can fit inside it?

I like to have sweetened tea, both iced and hot. How about you? Tibetans, Mongolians, and people in parts of western China put salt in their tea instead of sugar.

The famous American poet, Emily Dickinson (1830-1886), published only seven poems during her lifetime. Volumes of her work were discovered after her death.

In 1914, movie theaters became so popular that ushers in New York theaters were trained by West Point graduates to move masses of people through small spaces.

It is amazing how much influence marketers and advertising has on our lives, but did you know that they have even invented words that we use all the time. American advertising agencies have invented the words glamorize, sanitize, motorize, vitalize, finalize, and customize.

3 Comments:

  • Thanks for the Austin update.

    By Blogger Danny Sims, at 4:56 PM  

  • I had no idea those words were invented by some 25-year old marketing whiz. Holy cow! (Was that phrase a marketing invention, too?)

    By Blogger Fred, at 8:25 PM  

  • My doctor put me on a diet, but I've been eating so much oatmeal to get to those facts that I've gained five pounds!

    By Blogger Joe, at 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home