User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Good Eats

Things that make you go hmmm.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Good Eats

Or as my wife says "good groceries" usually referring to the one place on my body (my stomach) that shows I am out of shape and eat well. "You aren't fat that is just some good groceries." I am fortunately one of those that doesn't appear to be overweight, but I probably have a high body fat %. Anyway, I won't ask you about your weight or I for sure wouldn't get many comments except maybe from those "skinny" people who are in great shape and then we will all think negatively about them. What I wanted to post about today was regarding those who don't enjoy eating. Either they just eat to survive or they eat so fast that they don't enjoy a well cooked meal. Both of these types make me say "whaaaat!?".

If you go to a nice restaurant and spend mucho bucks for a great meal, don't you want to eat it slow and savor each bite and enjoy the experience? Even worse is when someone like your wife, your mother or mother in-law, or some friends who have invited you over for dinner spend all day slaving in the kitchen to prepare a great meal and then someone scarfs it down in 10 minutes. We have some friends who have invited us over for dinner several times and their family eats so fast they are done before we even cut our first bite of meat and get butter on our bread. The wife is a great cook and spends alot of time in the kitchen. They probably have great meals every day but they don't seem appreciated. My wife also knows one of those "skinny" people who are in great shape that I referred to earlier who said that they don't enjoy eating and that if they didn't have to eat to survive they probably wouldn't eat. Whaaaat!? Gag me with a beater (covered with chocolate icing). I think God not only supplies us with our daily bread, but he has given us plenty to enjoy tasting. Maybe not to the excess that we often indulge in. Everything in moderation, right? What do you think?

One of those foods we love to indulge in is a juicy hamburger. Have you ever wondered why do we call it a hamburger when it is made from beef? Hmmm. If you are really interested, check out this site.

5 Comments:

  • Right now I can't bear to comment on food. I am coming to the end of a four day eat fest at my old hometown church here in Kentucky. All I need are some loose fitting clothes!

    By Blogger Danny Sims, at 11:49 AM  

  • My doctor's wife weighs in at about 110lbs and is 5'9". I'm 5'9" and weigh in at 290. Every time she weighs me she tells me how she understands because it is so hard for her to pass up a fast-food restaurant. Grrrrr.
    I couls not get Danny Sims to fax me any pulled pork, so could you please fax me one of those hamburgers?

    By Blogger Joe, at 12:40 PM  

  • Mmmm, love hamburgers, but especially those from a home based restaurant here, called Buns over Texas. It is amazing why people love to go to this restaurant as you put your hamburger together yourself. A little trouble but fixed just like you like it. dc

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:27 PM  

  • Mmmm, I'm getting hungry reading this.

    By Blogger Bar L., at 5:39 PM  

  • Your wife is so cute, saying "good groceries"! That makes me smile.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home