User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Things that make you go hmmm.: Food related questions

Things that make you go hmmm.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Food related questions

Scroll down to the previous post to set the mood with the pictures of savory food.
Here are some thoughts to ponder.

Do illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?

If corn oil comes from corn and olive oil comes from olives, where the heck does baby oil come from?

Why is there an expiration date on sour cream? Does old sour cream go good?

If instant oatmeal is instant, then why does it take 1 to 2 minutes to cook in the microwave? I know I should have included this one with my series of posts last week.

If you're in France and you order toast, do you get toast or French toast?

And finally, if Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that Acme crap, why didn't he just buy dinner?

Actually this is not final, I found some more I will post tomorrow.

4 Comments:

  • As old supermarket trick: take the expired stuff from the dairy counter and give it to the deli. They empty the containers and put it in the display case.

    Good questions to ponder!

    By Blogger Fred, at 9:11 AM  

  • okay... Note to self - stay away from the supermarket deli section...

    and by the ebonics crowd some alphabet soup.

    By Blogger Jerry Novick, at 11:16 AM  

  • What kind of soup does Campbells sell in countries that don't use our alphabet?

    By Blogger Joe, at 1:40 PM  

  • I needed your blog today! I can always count on your to make me smile.

    Here is some Campbell's soup trivia: The man who wrote the jingle "mmm mmm good, mmm mmm good, that's what Cambell's soup is mmm mmm good" was named Sonny Hayes (maybe he's still living but he'd be super old). I worked with his wife when I was in my 20's. They were the CLASSIC Jewish New York couple. I loved them both dearly.

    He wrote a bunch of other jingles too but that's the only one I can remember.

    By Blogger Bar L., at 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home